Duties and Responsibilities of the Hospital Pharmacy Technician
Some job duties and responsibilities of a Hospital Pharmacy Technician include (but are not limited to):
- Transporting prescriptions and pharmacy equipment (for example, IV’s, injectables, etc) to clinics or nursing floors.
- Answer, screen, and triage phone calls.
- Compound specialty prescriptions like creams, gels, ointments or solutions.
- Fill a short-term supply of medications for patients being discharged from the hospital.
- Maintain narcotic medication inventory and routinely audit narcotic usage records.
- Compound TPN (total parental nutrition) solutions.
- Help in training new pharmacy technicians.
- Help other technicians in the pharmacy.
- Fill and make ready drugs used in the treatment of cancer.
- Handle insurance and third-party billing.
- Repackage bulk medication stock into individually packaged units.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as directed by the hospital pharmacist or hospital management.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Use the box below to search this entire site.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.